Sunday, 20 March 2011

At home...........




Wednesday, 23rd February

Still feel very strange. Everything is still moving. I haven't dared drive my car yet because I still feel too spaced out!
I did wake up the day after I returned thinking I was still on board the ship. I'd left my electric toothbrush on charge and woke up at some strange hour - it was still dark - and I could see this little green light flashing.
'What's that light, Trish?' I said out loud. 'Maybe we should tell Captain Mike?'
I came too a bit more, switched on the light and saw Denis curled up next to me, still purring and Rupert at the end of the bed looking all quizzical as if to say.'What????'
I then kind of realised where I was. It was 3.30 in the morning. I got up and made myself a drink and sat in the living room staring into space. Zombie-like, I then returned to bed for a few more hours of restless sleep.
Having never experienced proper jet-lag before (didn't really affect me on the way out), I am having to get used to this strange timeless feeling. I'm hoping I'll get over it before I go back to work. Especially the movement thing. I still feel like I'm on a moving vessel and it is really strange!
We all got a wonderful email from Rachel. She told us that after our encounter with the poor Humpback Whale caught in the fishing net, Captain Mike had radioed round and told those he could that we had encountered this whale and if anyone could help that would be great. Luckily, some researchers found our whale and managed to release her from the net. Turns out, it was a juvenile female. They sent pictures of what happened after they released her - she fluked and then, quite literally, jumped for joy out of the water!
What a wonderful happy ending to what could have been such a tragic story. And what a wonderful end to our fantastic and, at times, surreal, adventure! It was such a great, heart-warming boost to us all after we were coming down from our trip of a lifetime!!
Naturally, I've been reflecting on it all. I really do believe that the experiences I have had in the last couple of weeks have changed my life for the better. I know I'm a changed person. I had always hoped this would happen. It is as if it has unlocked something within me that has been hidden for a very long time. It has brought joy and happiness back into my life again and I feel stronger and happier than I have felt for a very long while now. I think everyone I know will see a change and hopefully, they will like what they see......The Adventure continues.............

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely lovely Blog Debbie XXXX
    No photos of your cats yet; they'll be jealous.

    ReplyDelete