Sunday, 15 May 2011

Getting fit!

Sunday, 15th May 2011

Can't believe, it's just over three months since I went to Mexico! It's strange - it seems like a lifetime away and yet it feels like only yesterday!
Naturally, life has gone pretty much back to normal, although I doubt whether life will ever be quite the same again after that experience. It has given me the kick up the backside I needed to try and sort my life out a bit - I mean try and sort out where I want to go with my life. It certainly isn't where I am at the moment, that's for sure!
I have be given various bits of useful advice by friends and family and will soon be seeing a Life Coach who will, hopefully, be able to help to give me a sense of direction and decide what my new career path might be. I know there must be one out there for me - I just need to find it! I've never been more determined to do this, so it should happen.
My brother, Colin, has recently been over for a visit. He wanted to go to The Royal Wedding in London - so we went! We didn't actually see that much of the wedding itself as the crowds were so massive, but we did join in with all the celebrations in Hyde Park and it was a great atmosphere to be a part of. We had a great day!
We had numerous discussions about what I can do with my life now, while I'm still relatively young and can change things. He wants me to join an online dating site as he reckons this is the only way I've got any real chance of finding a partner. I explained that I'm not comfortable with Dating agencies - online or not - as I find them clinical and I find it hard to 'sell' myself as a 'desirable' property! It's true that in my current job, I'm not going to meet a partner ( I've been there 10 years, you would have thought someone might crop up by now!) and as I'm not the sort of person who frequents nightclubs and pick-up joints, my options are limited! I do go out quite a lot, but I just don't seem to go to places where I might meet someone. Maybe I should join a few activity groups that aren't full of 'anoraks' and weirdos? To be honest, although I'd ideally like to have a caring sharing man in my life, my life is pretty good without one. Do I really need/ want one I ask myself???

So, my immediate mission is to get fit! I've allowed the diet to relapse a bit over the last few weeks and, although I haven't put on loads of weight or anything, I haven't lost any either. My aim is, ultimately, to have a Bikini-worthy body. Having said that, I won't wear one come-what-may as I would never have the confidence to. But, just to know that I could wear one if I wanted to would be enough!!
This week, I've been following Weight Watchers again and increased my exercise levels. So, by the end of the year, I should have lost the 2 more stone that I want to lose. Slowly, but surely, I'll get there!!

No comments:

Post a Comment